I have worked with Brightsparks for the past few years. Initially they were a one off supplier to us for some individual graduate vacancies. However after positive experiences on those occasions and seeing the quality of the candidates and service I decided to use them as our sole supplier for our graduate intake. Over three months we discussed, planned and they executed the marketing, attraction and screening of this project which led to our Graduate Assessment Centre. Graduate recruitment agency Brightsparks took full ownership for the logistics and administration of this event and it passed off smoothly.
As ever the real test of this type of campaign is the successful fulfilment of all your graduate hiring needs and I’m pleased to say this has been the result of our partnership.
Global Head of Resourcing at Xchanging plc.
As a graduate recruitment agency we at Brightsparks were asked to devise a graduate campaign for Xchanging. Here’s how it went:
Xchanging already had a successful Graduate Recruitment Scheme, but were looking for a professional graduate recruitment agency to make further improvements whilst simultaneously increasing the efficiency & reducing financial & resource costs. It was also critical to increase Xchanging’s brand awareness within the Graduate & Young Professional marketplace.
The Solution – A Brightsparks Campaign:
Over a period of just three months, which fell outside of the conventional “Milkround” period, the whole campaign was agreed, planned & executed.
Following the brief planning phase, we launched a focused & high-impact candidate attraction campaign. In addition to the more conventional methods (Social Media, University Careers Services, Careers Fairs, Jobs-boards etc.), we ran a Brightsparks In-Campus attraction campaign; getting into the everyday lives & conversations of the target student & graduate demographic:
- Brightsparks’ unique model enables year-round & relevant conversation with our staff, networks & the wider demographic.
- By directly employing thousands of students & graduates on a year round basis (14,000+ to date), Brightsparks builds strong relationships & brand presence within the target talent audience. This enabled us to drive the campaign & Xchanging’s employer brand in a unique way in a world where peer referral, association & validation are becoming ever more important.
- We branded our payslips with Xchanging’s campaign message – our staff & students love to see how much they have earned each week, so it is sure to get seen!
- Brightsparks ambassadors on campus spread the word.
- We sponsored a number of University teams, societies & competitions to increase awareness organically around campuses.
- We employed a proactive “search” approach to find candidates who were not actively searching for these/similar jobs & may otherwise have missed the opportunity
- We utilised our existing strategic partnerships & sponsorships with Universities & Student Societies across the country
This attraction campaign had the desired effect & generated over 800 applications in just a few weeks. It also came in under budget!
With strong applications flooding in it was time to start the screening process. Successful candidates, assessed using a competency based matrix over the phone, were then invited to sit online Numerical & Verbal Reasoning Tests & Video Interviews as they moved through the process.
The top 30 candidates were invited to attend the Final Round Assessment Centre (AC), just eight weeks after the launch of the attraction campaign. The two-day AC included a group exercise, individual exercises, a presentation by each candidate & a series of interviews. The assessors were all senior members of the Xchanging team from a range of different areas of their business. The first evening included company presentations & a dinner for the candidates with Xchanging’s graduates from previous intakes.
Brightsparks organised this AC to a precise timetable & took full control of the event management & logistics to ensure it ran smoothly & the assessors were not distracted from their crucial role on their day.
Throughout the process, unsuccessful candidates were informed in a professional & timely manner with feedback provided wherever appropriate. This is crucial to ensure both Brightsparks & Xchanging maintain an excellent brand appeal within the candidate pool & wider demographic.
The objective of the campaign was to find Xchanging’s future leaders, by deploying a sophisticated & rigorous recruitment campaign to ensure that we successfully attracted & identified the most suitable graduate talent to attend the final round assessment centre.
This objective was successfully fulfilled & the best candidates accepted their offers to join Xchanging over any other offers they may have had.
Brightsparks – the professional graduate recruitment agency
Our energetic team at Brightsparks are hard at work with the aim to become the UK’s top professional graduate recruitment agency. Find graduate jobs today or discover the right talent here with Brightsparks. Get in touch with us and we’ll help you through the process.